Aug. 2014 - Present
Freelance Writer •
J. Walker's Wordsmithery, Atlanta GA
I offer stellar copy services that include grant writing, social media calendars, social content, newsletters, email campaigns, proofing, etc. Recent wins: secured a $125,000 Gilead Grant for United Roots of Oakland for Q2 2021. Also, completed the brand bible for thread, a black-owned, woman-owned beauty brand that debuted in Target stores in Q1 of 2022. This included drafting a mission statement, tone do's and don'ts, product taglines, brand taglines, web and campaign copy, etc.
Feb. 2022 - June 2022
Senior Copywriter •
Hubilo Technologies, San Francisco, CA
● Wrote, edited, reviewed and approved email, web, ad and other short form copy, ensuring it was both in line with editorial and brand standards, and would effectively drive the company KPIs. Working with the Content Director, I was responsible for crafting, refining and iterating on how best to communicate Hubilo's brand into high-converting, compelling language for our prospects. Managed the copywriting process from start to finish, including Asana project management of each stage and communicating with teams on design, growth, performance, campaigns and sales enablement.
● Partnered with the Growth, Lifecycle, Performance and Product Marketing teams to
continuously test and improve copy, driving for higher conversion rates.
● Collaborated with content teammates providing suggestions and
coaching when copy edits were needed; helped to ensure that content captured our target messaging and core value propositions.
● Developed the Hubilo voice, communicating in a way that was confident, smart, relatable and clear.
● Wrote compelling copy across the entire buying journey for different personas and
touch points. Contributed editorial pieces when needed.
● Collaborated in a cross-functional team, assisting with a range of marketing initiatives
from campaigns and new product/feature announcements to employer branding and
relationship (customer and partner) marketing.
Jan. 2018 - Jan. 2021
Senior Technical/Copywriter •
TheCreativeShop ADP, Alpharetta GA
• For the last few years, ADP has been undergoing an org-wide rebranding effort which has required on-going communication both internally and externally, keeping clients, client employees, and ADP associates abreast of changes. I was responsible for helping in these efforts by writing engaging, emotive copy and by helping internal business unit clients synthesize their strategic initiatives into creative briefs. I then worked with the client to create a communication plan and execute on the ask of the brief to completion.
• Served as the "brand police," ensuring that all new client-facing content produced by ADP's three major business units (Resource, TotalSource, and Comprehensive Services) was in alignment with new brand standards and free of dated, traditional HR jargon.
• Was responsible for crafting content for everything from scripts for fiscal year-end SLT videos, to conference game apps, new product brochures, Inspire Business Resource Group, and other associate engagement initiatives.
• Drafted, proofed and edited copy for external client and employee emails, including tax guides, SOPs, benefits, payroll, crisis management, compliance ad hocs, and worked with subject matter experts at all levels to develop training manuals for new product offerings and for navigating new software (ie, ADP Workforce Now).
• Wrote microcopy that included pop-ups, subject lines, buttons, and 404 error messages.
• Use internal CMS to post articles necessary for associates to perform their roles; drafted a bi-weekly newsletter, The VIBE, that was sent to 58,000 associates globally, delivering the latest on new platform features, state, federal, and international mandates, town halls from executive leadership, etc. Tagged knowledge content so it was searchable.
June 2014 - July 2015
Admission Counselor •
Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville NY
• Presented daily info-sessions on SLC’s unique education model.
• Conducted high school visits and fairs throughout eight SE states.
• Closely read and scored all applications from my region.
July 2012 - June 2014
Social Media & Office Manager • Nick’s Window Tint, Albany GA
• Handled daily operations: reception, consults, bookkeeping, inventory.
• Produced social media content that significantly impacted visibility and sales year over year.
2015 - 2017
SCAD Atlanta • Post-Bac coursework
Focus: New Media Communications and Creative Nonfiction. Final GPA: 3.5. Coursework: “Digital Communication,” “Persuasive Writing,” “Publishing Process,” et al.
2003 - 2007
Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville NY • Bachelor of Arts
Concentrations (SLC is a multi-disciplinary institution): Africana Studies, Comparative Literature, Journalism, Poetry, Political Science, Writing. Traveled to West Africa in 2006 with the School of International Training and studied the history of the slave trade for three months.
• Brand voice strategist and compliance advocate
• Contextualizing marketing ideas into cohesive concepts
• Crafting copy that clearly communicates a brand's value proposition; writing with personality, arc, and purpose
• Cultural thought-sharing
• Data digestion + epic storytelling
• Meticulous proofreading and editing
• Public speaking, pitching, and presenting
• Social media content creation and calendar management; analytics incorporation
• Subject matter expert interviewing
• Thorough researcher
• Top-notch collaborating; a natural team player
• Warm and empathetic communicator